Thursday, March 8, 2012

Validation

I've been thinking a lot about how much we desire validation from others. I think it goes back to the basic human need of needing to be loved and appreciated. I recently signed up to receive "Notes from the Universe" which are short emails of encouraging words from our biggest admirer: the Universe. Even though I know these emails are kind of like a glorified fortune cookie, its made a big impact on my daily thought process. Starting each morning with a few really kind words helps me to look more positively at the world, and value my own worth in every moment. It also makes me realize how important kind words are, and inspires me to validate others more.

This is the note I received from the universe this morning:


Jasmine, the need to criticize 
simply belies a longing for recognition, 
appreciation, and validation. 
None of which, however, 
can be obtained through criticism.


I'm sure it's just a 
phase they're going through. 


Wink, 
    The Universe


If we can all strive to turn every criticism, of ourselves or others, 
into positive thoughts and words, then we can create a more 
supportive, encouraging, world for others and ourselves.

Along the same lines, this short film 

is a fantastic depiction of what the value of validating others. 




When has validation made a huge impact on you?

No comments:

Post a Comment